Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Collage writing reflection

Watch my Video

Think Creatively

I had to really think how to format my poster and I came up with the idea of showing a story-line of images to show what the Lost Boys really went through during their long journey. By showing the whole story-line, I think the audience would give more sympathy because people would know and understand what the Lost Boys really faced during the whole migration process.

Reason Creatively

I used the images to show their journey and texts to give the audience a better idea of what the images are really implying on the poster. For example, I would put 6 to 8 images to show a situation that the Lost Boys are facing and I would one to three more words to describe the situation that they are in.

Communicate Effectively

The whole point of this collage was to drag sympathy towards the Lost Boys and by doing that, I think it will definitely create awareness for the Lost Boys’ plight. And the collage shows and tells what the Lost Boys are really needing in their lives at the moment. It is also important to catch peoples’ attention on the Lost Boys’ migration. So I thought the best idea was to create a story-line and by that way, people would understand all of their difficulties and the troubles they faced. I also included some texts in terms of what they faced during the migration

Live ethically

A story-line, in my opinion, is the best way to show the Lost Boys’ difficulties because a story includes all the information people need to know so I chose that way to draw sympathy. I think people wouldn’t really understand to show enough sympathy if they don’t know what the Boys really went through during their migration. I tried looking for the most sympathetic images to melt peoples’ heart and big word choices that would catch peoples’ attention.

No comments: