Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Writing Reflection

Ideas and Content

I would use quotes to describe a person’s characterization while giving explanation based on how the quotes relate to their characters. For example, I wanted to characterize Brutus as an honorable and patriotic man towards his country so I chose a quote that best fit him based on his characterization and my quote was “Let’s be sacrificers, but not butchers, Caius.” – Brutus. After that, I would give a reasonable explanation how the quote relates to his character. On the other hand, I could have really improved on giving a clear and precise explanation for the quote since I think my words weren’t clear enough in terms of what I was trying to say.

Organization

I think I did a decent job in terms of my organization on my writing. Each of my body paragraph starts off with a quote and an explanation to it but what I think I am missing is a proper introduction to my essay. I should have included a summary of Brutus’s characterization before I started off with the body paragraphs.

Personal growth

Yes I do note some improvement in terms of grammar usage and vocabularies. Although I still need a ton of improvement on my writing and I really have to put a lot of effort in my writing assignments.

SLR Reflection

I think I really had to think creatively to choose the right quote from the book that fits the person’s characterization. It was really important to choose the right quote since not all quotes can be given a clear explanation on his or her character. In general, I think I had to think creatively to get the appropriate quotes since I think that is what matters the most in this essay.

No comments: